(1) There shall be five types of Membership namely:
Malaysian citizens who have obtained a recognised law degree or its equivalent are eligible for Ordinary Membership, subject to the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Non-Malaysians who have obtained a recognised law degree or its equivalent are eligible for Associate Membership, subject to the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Malaysian citizens and non-Malaysian citizens who are pursuing a recognised law degree or its equivalent are eligible for Student membership, valid only for the period of his or her studentship, subject to the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Malaysian citizens and non-Malaysian citizens, recommended for Honorary membership by the President, are eligible for Honorary membership, subject to the discretion of the Executive Committee, for a period that may from time to time be prescribed by the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee may, by unanimous resolution, appoint any member, other than a student member, to be a Bencher, who shall at least have 15 years of involvement in legal works and/or have achieved distinction in fields other than law and have not necessarily been members before.
(2) All members, other than Student members and Honorary members, shall be life members.
(3) Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the Executive Committee for approval. The Executive Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason therefor.
(4) Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the prescribed membership fee pursuant to Clause 1.6 (if any), be admitted as a member of the Society and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
(1) The life time membership fee is RM300.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Three Hundred Only) for both Ordinary Members and Associate Members, provided that a Student Member shall only pay RM250.00 to upgrade to Ordinary or Associate Member.
(1A) The membership fee, for Student Members, is RM50.00 (Ringgit Malaysia Fifty Only) for the entire period of studentship.
(1B) No membership fee shall be charged for Honorary Members and Benchers.
(2) The Membership Fee shall be payable to the Treasurer as soon as the membership is approved.